Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 619 calories, 43g fat (25g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 1154mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Aug 4, 2019
We made the recipe per the directions, only doubled it. We had not leftovers. Everyone loved it.
May 30, 2019
I've been making this recipe since it was first published in TOH in April, 1999. At that time, we had our six children at home
Apr 10, 2019
No comment left
Feb 24, 2019
This was just ok. I thought it lacked flavor. I added a chopped clove of garlic and some peas as others suggested, but we didn't care for it. I used while wheat pasta, but don't think regular pasta would have helped this. Plus it made a ton, and we had leftovers several days. My husband added ketchup to his on the leftovers, and said it was "better", but I won't make this again.
Feb 4, 2019
I cannot, of course, give review on something I have not made yet, but I really want to try this recipe. However, I have a question for those of you who have made it. Can I substitute half-and-half for heavy cream? I don't usually buy heavy cream, but I always have half
Feb 1, 2019
No comment left
Jan 25, 2019
This dish was absolutely creamy and delicious! Very easy, so perfect for a weeknight meal. The only change I made was adding peas. I think I’m going to try with tuna, if I don’t have ham on hand. A definite keeper,
Feb 4, 2018
Quick and yummy. Kid approved!
Aug 6, 2016
Been making this one since published in 1999
Mar 26, 2016
LOVE this recipe, during the week it's a quick meal that's tasty and kids and husband ALL love too!! Also have make it for potlucks and everyone has loved it!!