Hot Tamale Pie
You'll want to keep the ingredients for this dish on hand for last-minute meals. Ground beef lends itself to quick cooking.—Orilla Lawson, Independence, Missouri
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 teaspoons taco seasoning
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, olives, green pepper and taco seasoning. Cook and stir over low heat until hot and bubbly. Serve with cornbread.