Hot Spiced Wine
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 bottles (750 ml each) dry red wine
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose spices; tie securely with string. Place in a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 4-5 hours. Discard spice bag. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 231 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 29, 2018
I also happened to purchase at Walmart the Apothic Deep Red for about 8 dollars. I cut the recipe in half and I thought this recipe deserved 5 stars. I thought it tasted wonderful. I used my All Clad slow cooker on the low setting for 4 hours.
Jan 3, 2016
Delicious! I took the advice of the previous reviewer and used Apothic Red Wine. I also cut the recipe in half, since it would only be me and my husband drinking it. The first sip was a little tart, but after that it only got better. Because my slow cooker cookes hotter than most, I only put it on low for 3 hours, then turned it to warm.
Dec 20, 2014
Oh my goodness! This is an amazing recipe! I used Apothic Red Wine which is a blend of red wines. I bought it at Target. I also added a teaspoon each of ground cinnamon and allspice. I placed them in a coffee filter bag, so none of the spices would escape! Delicious! Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
Dec 17, 2012
No comment left
Aug 17, 2012
No comment left