Hot Seafood Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 round loaf (1-1/2 pounds) unsliced bread
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat the first nine ingredients until blended. Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread; set aside. Fill bread shell with seafood mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Cover top edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and spread is heated through. Serve with vegetables and bread cubes.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 168 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 25, 2018
Just made this dip and it is in the oven...I tasted it cold and it is fantastic!!!! Can't wait to eat it all hot and bubbly. Will be making this dip again and again!
Dec 28, 2015
I recently made this for a Christmas party and made a second one for a family gathering - both times I got rave reviews on it! I used canned tiny shrimp and canned real lump crab meat (well worth it!), I served it with scoop tortilla chips, veggies, crackers - you could eat it from a spoon and it would still be awesome. It's seriously one of the best hot seafood dips I've ever had! YUM!
Mar 12, 2012
This is excellent and makes a lot.
Nov 16, 2011
I have been making this for years. No other recipe come close for flavor. I have to make two or more, that is how fast it goes!!!
Oct 4, 2010
This is one of the best dips I have in my recipe collection. Everyone loves the dip and asks for the recipe. Even when the dip is gone, people are pulling apart the bread bowl to get the last bites!!