Hot Fudge Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups hot water
- Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar and remaining cocoa; sprinkle over batter. Pour hot water over all; do not stir.
- Bake 35-40 minutes. Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 253 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 30, 2020
Guess One could leave out the cocoa to make it a caramel cake as hubby doesn't like chocolate .I'm going to try it! looks yummy
Aug 11, 2019
This is a family favorite! Been making it for many years. Got the recipe from my mother in law over 40 years ago!!!
Mar 27, 2019
I've been making this for years! I add walnuts to make it more like brownies.
Mar 24, 2019
No comment left
Mar 6, 2019
I still have the recipe card for this from my mother. She used hot coffee instead of hot water for a different flavor.
Feb 24, 2019
Sorry, not my cup of tea..
Feb 12, 2019
Feb 9, 2019
Like others I was a bit skeptical but the recipe was so simple and delicious and it does work! We had it with whipped cream but next time I’m have it with ice cream!
Jan 24, 2019
This recipe was very simple to make. It would be great for the summer so you don't have to turn on the oven. I love chocolate but this was very, very chocolatey. Maybe I'd use less chips next time.
Jan 19, 2019
So easy and delicious! I doubled the recipe because everyone knows more is better!