Hot Fruit and Sausage
Pineapple, brown sugar, and cinnamon make plain pork sausage links extra tasty. And the banana slices really complement the sausage. This dish is super easy to prepare and makes any breakfast special.—Marian Peterson, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked pork sausage links
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook sausage according to package directions; drain. Add pineapple, brown sugar and cinnamon; heat through. Stir in banana just before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 261 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 736mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Nov 6, 2011
It was a nice change from regular sausage links. I prefer maple flavored sausage for my breakfast, so next time I think I will omit the brown sugar and cinnamon and add maple syrup instead.
Nov 3, 2007
No comment left