Hot Cider with Orange Twists
I first tasted a steaming mug of this comforting beverage on a frigid evening. It's still a family favorite on a wintry day. —Catherine Allan, Twin Falls, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 unpeeled fresh orange slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first six ingredients. Push two cloves through each orange slice. Push a cinnamon stick through the center of each orange slice; add to cider mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until heated through. Discard orange slices, cloves and cinnamon sticks. Stir cider before serving. Use additional orange slices and cinnamon sticks to make orange twist garnishes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 127 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit.
Oct 30, 2019
No comment left
Jan 20, 2013
We make this cider every fall/winter and around Christmas time for family and friends. I always get rave reviews!
Jun 9, 2012
This is our favorite cider recipe! We make it every winter, and guests always ask for the recipe.