Hot Bacon-Mustard Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 cups
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups honey-Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Torn salad greens or fresh spinach
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings; set bacon aside. To the drippings, add Dijon mustard, sugar, orange juice, vinegar and ground mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in honey and bacon. Serve warm over salad greens or spinach. Refrigerate leftovers; reheat before serving.
May 5, 2015
This recipe is super tasty. The only changes I made was using fresh squeezed orange juice, balsamic vinegar and added a clove of garlic that was minced and pasted with a tad of salt to help break it down.
Nov 2, 2011
Excellent recipe! Make a batch to keep in the fridge and warm as needed. Delicious!
Nov 2, 2011
One of my favorite salads ever was made by TGIF's, Cajun Fried Chicken Salad, and came with a crock of Hot Bacon and Honey Mustard Dressing. It was the best. They stopped making it and I looked around for the dressing recipe and happened upon this one. It is very much like TGIF's, however, their dressing was a bit more spicy. My family loves this dressing and I make a batch at least once a month. Delicious!