Hot Antipasto Poor Boys
I like a simple sandwich recipe that eats like a meal, and these zesty Italian sandwiches really hit the spot.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy Italian or Parmesan salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (5 ounces) thinly sliced pepperoni
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 submarine sandwich buns (about 10 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, combine dressing and Parmesan cheese. Add the artichokes, tomatoes, pepperoni and olives; toss to coat.
- Cut each bun in half horizontally; place with cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread filling over buns; sprinkle with mozzarella. Broil 3-4 minutes more or until filling is hot and cheese is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 531 calories, 30g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 1645mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.