Hoosier Crumb Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream and fresh mint, optional
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add flour; mix until blended. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping.
- To the remaining mixture, add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, baking soda and salt; stir just until blended. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the reserved flour mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 25, 2015
Hubby an I really enjoyed this cake. It turned out a little dry but the flavor was excellent. I will adjust the baking time next time I make it. Thanks for the recipe.
Mar 16, 2013
For Weight Watchers this recipe made as is is only 6 pts. Enjoy!
Jul 25, 2010
No comment left