Honey Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- Pastry for a double-crust pie
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry. Trim and flute edges; set aside. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, honey, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add the eggs, evaporated milk and milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- From the remaining pastry, cut out three 3-in. leaves and three 5x1/2-in. strips. Using a sharp knife, cut veins in leaves. Wrap each strip of dough around the handle of a wooden spoon; place spoons upside down on a baking sheet. Place leaves, vein side up, on the rounded side of spoons. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Arrange decorations on cooled pie.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 1, 2020
I love pumpkin pie. This is every bit as good as what I normally make with half white sugar and half brown sugar. I did increase the cinnamon to 1 1/4 t, nutmeg to 1/2 t, cloves to 1/4 t, and used 9 ounces of evaporated milk rather than 5 oz plus 4 oz of milk. I like it very flavorful!! I also didn't make a crust, just baked it in a 2 1/2 or 3 qt baking dish for 50 min. at 375. Perfect!
Jan 5, 2020
Who knew it was so easy to make pumpkin pie without sugar? Because I thought it might be too runny, I added a tablespoon of arrowroot powder to pre-emptively thicken it up. It turned out nicely set. Not sure if it was because of the arrowroot or not, but it didn’t hurt. Also I baked it about 10 minutes longer. Love it!
Nov 26, 2016
Delicious! I couldn't even taste the honey. It was a very authentic pumpkin pie flavor/texture. I hav Celiac, and just baked it without a crust. I doubled the recipe and baked it in a 9x13. Worked out great!
Nov 27, 2012
Didn;t really like this one. I thought it was bland, so I fed it to the horses, a couple of them loved it, one was indifferent
Nov 25, 2012
this pie wa great. the only thing that i found was the cooking time was off a little but then that could have been my oven. will certainly be making this agan
Nov 24, 2012
i just put this pie in the oven and so far it looks awesome!! the changes i made was i didnt have 'real' honey. i accidently bought sugar free immitation honey so i only had that on hand :( also i didnt have cloves so i had to leave that out. otherwise i did exactly as directed. i used the taste of home's test kitchen pie crust for the crust :)
May 8, 2012
It was so good I think I like it better then regular sugar in the pie.
Jan 31, 2012
No comment left
Nov 2, 2011
At first I wasn't sure if it would turn out all right because it seemed liquidy before i put it into the oven. Once took it out I let it cool down. I added some whip cream to the top of it and it was just delicious.
Sep 27, 2011
No comment left