Honey Party Buns
I use this recipe often for church get-togethers. Finger sandwiches are popular at these events, so I make these golden buns small and add sandwich toppings. They're a big hit with everyone. -Ruth Linscott, Millfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Sliced ham, cheese and lettuce, optional
- Place butter and honey in a large bowl; pour the boiling water over and set aside to cool to 110°-115°. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. To honey mixture, add eggs, baking powder and salt. Add yeast mixture and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Make into small sandwiches, if desired, by filling with ham, cheese and lettuce, or serve plain.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.