Honey Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli stir-fry vegetable blend
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry chicken and garlic 1 minute. Add honey, soy sauce, salt and pepper; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, stir-fry vegetable blend in remaining oil just until tender, 4-5 minutes. Return chicken to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup stir-fry: 249 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 23, 2020
Very good. I agree with other reviews that it could use a little more sauce. I followed the recipe as written. We liked the honey soy sauce mixture. Thanks for sharing Caroline.
Apr 5, 2020
This was fantastic. Maybe a bit more sauce but everyone enjoyed including my very picky mother
Feb 20, 2020
This was excellent! Followed the directions to a T!!!!!
Sep 8, 2019
Loved this meal. It was quick, easy, and flavorful. Doubled the sauce like most people recommended. Bird’s Eye, steamed fresh Asian medley, lightly flavored, was a great substitution for the broccoli medley since my store didn’t have it. This recipe will definitely be added to my recipe box.
Jul 31, 2019
I also tripled the sauce but it got a little to thick on me so i added chicked stock to add flavor ( and to thin it out a bit) I added the ginger like sugested and it was amazing!
Apr 12, 2018
Very good! I doubled the sauce like most reviewers recommend. I also added 2 tsp minced fresh ginger with the garlic for stir frying the chicken.
Mar 15, 2018
I liked the honey in the sauce, but like others have said, I doubled or even tripled the sauce as it needed it. I added some ginger for some additional seasoning. Instead of using frozen vegie blend, I opted to use fresh broccoli, mushrooms and spring peas. I also put in some Oriental sesame seed dressing while cooking the chicken to flavor it. YUM!
Feb 22, 2018
This dish was easy for weeknight....
Feb 8, 2018
This dish was easy for weeknight prep but I found it rather bland. Next time I would use fresh veggies instead of frozen and definitely double the sauce. I would probably add a dash of sriracha to kick up the flavor.
Sep 20, 2017
This was absolutely the best Stir Fry Recipe I've made thus far!!! I doubled the sauce and used 2-10.5oz bags of broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas, carrots, I made rice but it was better without it. My pickiest child even loved it. I will definitely keep this recipe for future.