Honey Balsamic Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until juices run clear, 4-7 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- Add vinegar, honey and basil to the pan; cook and stir 1 minute. Return chicken to the pan; heat through, turning to coat with glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half: 233 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 559mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat, 0.500 starch.
Nov 7, 2019
Easy, delicious, quick, stove top! All my favorite phrases in one recipe....what could be better? I had "Honey Ginger White Balsamic Vinegar" I had bought from one of those specialty shops and was looking for a recipe. I kept the chicken seasoning the same and omitted the basil in the glaze, and it came out perfect if you like sweet (which we do). I would make extra glaze next time for dipping or pouring over my sides....probably would take a bit longer to reduce but would be worth it. As always, the quality of the vinegar probably has a significant impact on the outcome. Thanks for a keeper of a recipe!
Oct 14, 2016
I thought this had wonderful flavor. I put the chicken over rice and poured some of the sauce over the chicken. It was fabulous!
Mar 13, 2015
Great flavor and super easy.
Jan 6, 2014
This is a tasty recipe, low in calories and fat. It was easy and quick to make, too.
Jun 13, 2013
This is a super-fast, delicious recipe. I add more honey and cut back the balsamic vinegar. It's my husband's favorite chicken!
Apr 28, 2012
This recipe was disappointing. I expected it to have a lot of flavor and it was actually kind of bland.
Apr 20, 2012
I love the flavor, nice and sweet!
Nov 7, 2011
Very tender chicken, husband loved the flavor
Oct 17, 2011
No comment left
Oct 2, 2011
No comment left