Homemade Lollipop Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Popsicle sticks or wooden skewers
- Assorted decorating gels
- Miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Assorted candies: gum drops, sour spaghetti candy and peanut M&Ms
- In a large bowl, cream sugars and shortening until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, water and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Lightly flour hands and shape dough into 24 balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in flour. Insert a Popsicle stick or skewer into each.
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Create faces as desired with frosting, decorating gels, mini chips and candies.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 27, 2009
No comment left
Sep 18, 2009
I know I'm going to have to double the recipe, 24 are not going to be enough!!
Aug 12, 2009
Wow, you are a wonderful grandma...I loved the recipe..Thanks for sharing..
Aug 11, 2009
lOOKS SO CUTE!! GOING TO TRY IT!!