Homemade Antipasto Salad
Total TimePrep: 50 minutes + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 packages (1 pound each) spiral pasta
- 4 to 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, julienned
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni, julienned
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. In several large bowls, combine pasta with next eight ingredients.
- For dressing, pulse vinegar, sugar, oregano, salt and pepper in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 214 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 12, 2020
Umm. That is just pasta salad. ??
May 31, 2020
Can't call it 'antipasto' if it has pasta in it; basic cooking knowledge. ???????
May 14, 2019
Like most cooks, I adapted this recipe to add or change ingredients my family likes the most. One 16oz. package of small shells was enough as I thought 2 of the spiral pasta was a bit much. I also added a can of kidney beans, hearts of palm and 4 cans of artichoke hearts. The amazing part of this recipe is the dressing. It's absolutely perfect in tase and amount for a very large salad. I did change it to 1T. oregano and 1T. basil to please my Italian husband but other than that I kept everything else the same. Everyone who eats this salad wants the recipe! Thank you Linda for sharing.
Jul 12, 2018
An excellent recipe that I made for my Super Bowl party. Very flavorful. It was a big hit.
Jul 3, 2018
This is delicious! I love the addition of garbanzo beans. I used monterey jack
Jul 18, 2017
OMG! If it has pasta in it, it's NOT antipasto. Maybe not a bad recipe for a PASTA salad, but please change the name. Thanks.
Apr 22, 2017
Wow was this salad easy to make & so good! I used mozzarella instead of provolome, but it still turned out great. Would defintiely make again & it's really easy to cut in half for a smaller serving.
Apr 20, 2016
What a "crowd pleaser" !
Apr 19, 2016
So good! I did quarter the recipe because it's just the 2 of us. Didn't add beans or olives but I did add marinated mushrooms (quartered), and marinated artichokes (quartered). Also things on a great antipasti platter. Loved the meat and cheese! I also used fresh moz I had to use up.
Apr 3, 2016
Favorite picnic salad - LOVE the dressing! Omitted the beans and black olives. Sprinkled with shredded Parmesan.