Holiday Peas and Rice
With all the fuss that goes into holiday meals, it's nice to find a side dish like this that's both satisfying and simple. The pimientos and peas nestle among rice delightfully seasoned with sage and chicken broth.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- In a saucepan, saute rice and sage in butter until rice is lightly browned. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add peas; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Stir in pimientos.