Holiday Mocha Spritz
When I began to use my spritz press, this mocha recipe was the first flavor combination I tried. It took a few attempts to get the hang of it, but now I'm playing with a new dough and disc every time I make them. I plan on making several batches throughout the year. —Shelly L. Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 10 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup dark baking cocoa or baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Colored sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine egg, instant coffee and vanilla; beat into creamed mixture. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition.
- Using a cookie press fitted with a disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. If desired, sprinkle with colored sugar. Bake until set, 8-10 minutes (do not brown). Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 42 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.