Hint o’ Mint Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, sugar, cocoa, salt, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cookies.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 166 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 16, 2018
No comment left
Oct 25, 2012
No comment left
Dec 14, 2009
Unless there was an printing error made you need to add more flour. Put the dough in frig for over and hour and you still couldn't handle it.