Herbed Italian Rib Roast
"This amazing recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. I like to roast twice as many vegetables so I can make a quick, full-flavored hash with the leftovers." – Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 pound parsnips, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, quartered
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place roast in a large shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsnips, carrots and onions. Drizzle with butter; toss to coat. Spoon vegetables around roast; sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), stirring vegetables occasionally. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Dec 22, 2012
No comment left
Apr 25, 2011
Delicious! Not surprising that the veggies had that much flavor with all the butter, but for the once a year treat of prime rib, totally worth it.
Dec 12, 2010
My friend served this at our Cookie Swap dinner and it was Great