Herbed Fresh Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a microwave-safe dish. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until beans are tender.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 69 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 26, 2011
Fresh bean made this way were terrible. We could not chew them and threw them out.
Feb 3, 2010
I used a package of frozen green beans and they were good.
Sep 1, 2009
I made these using canned green beans since I had a jar that did not seal when I was canning yesterday. They are very tasty.
Apr 7, 2007
No comment left