Heavenly Blueberry Tart
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Add vinegar, tossing with a fork to moisten. Press onto bottom and up the sides of a lightly greased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, lightly smash 2 cups blueberries in a bowl. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into smashed blueberries. Spread mixture evenly into crust; sprinkle with 1 cup of the remaining whole blueberries. Place tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is bubbly. Remove from the oven; arrange remaining berries over top. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 380 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2020
This filling recipe is terrible. Do not put in the nutmeg. It’s way too overpowering. I’m disappointed that I didn’t listen to my gut and replace the nutmeg with vanilla and add a little butter. Will try again with these revisions.
Jun 29, 2020
I did 1/2 cup of sugar instead of 2/3 in the filling and it was still nice and sweet. Next time I make this I will take it out 10 minutes earlier. The curst was a little too done. It was otherwise very tasty!
Jun 19, 2020
Fabulous. Also can use coconut flour. I did
Sep 2, 2019
This was delicious! I was in a hurry so I just used Pillsbury pie crust and made more of a galette. Next time I will make the crust as directed and I'm sure it will be even better.
Jul 28, 2019
Amazing pie but a bit too much crust for my liking, gets quite hard to cut, so will cut down on amount next time. Try it also without cinnamon and nutmeg during blueberry season - tastes so good just to taste the blueberries only
Jul 27, 2013
Best blueberry Tart ever according to my husband...this is now his new birthday cake request!! Used blueberries freshly picked from our garden!
Jul 19, 2011
Healthy and tasty! All liked it!
Jul 6, 2010
Very easy to make. I made this for the 4th of July. Just delicious!! I reduced to cooking time about 10 minutes. I plan to make this again.
Mar 21, 2010
Perfect and easy dessert to make; love the blend of cooked and uncooked berries!