Hazelnut Pecan Pie
With a blend of chocolate, pecans and hazelnuts, this pie is top-level tasty. But because so it’s easy to make, you can enjoy it often. Your family and friends will think you worked for hours in the kitchen. It’s incredible plain, but a dollop of whipped cream takes it over the top. —Brenda Melancon, McComb, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flavoring syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
- Unroll crust into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, syrups, flour, butter and vanilla. Stir in the pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Transfer to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Torani hazelnut flavoring syrup. Look for it in the coffee aisle.