Hamburger Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- In a bowl, combine hash browns, oil and pepper. Press onto the bottom and 1 in up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in gravy mix and water. Add vegetables and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese and half of the onions. Spoon into the potato shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer.
Dec 5, 2019
Husband says it's his favorite casserole I've made. I made a few tweaks to use what I had in my pantry. I grated fresh red potatoes, and added some chopped onions to the crust. I added an envelope of beefy onion soup mix and revved up the umami with s splash of soy sauce. Followed the recipe otherwise, good hearth meal.
Mar 13, 2013
I have been making this recipe for over 20 years. Tastes even better the next day. Love it!
Sep 4, 2012
Awsome. Loved it!
Aug 25, 2011
It was easy to make and great for little ones, but adults thought it needed more flavor. I'd doctor it upnext time!
Jun 28, 2007
No comment left