Ham ‘n’ Cheese Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
Makes2 quiches (6 servings each)
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll pie crusts into two 9-in. pie plates; flute edges. Line unpricked pie crusts with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake until light golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until bottom is golden brown, 3-5 minutes longer or Cool on wire racks.
- Divide ham, cheese and onion between shells. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt and pepper until blended. Pour into crusts. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked quiche. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 350°. Place quiche on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary for a knife inserted in the center to come out clean.
Editor's NoteLet pie weights cool before storing. Beans and rice may be reused for pie weights, but not for cooking.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 349 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 20, 2020
Really delicious recipe! I made as directed except I used diced fresh sweet onion instead of the dried. Great texture and flavor. Had it for dinner and then breakfast the next day. A real hit with my family. Will definitely make this again!
Jun 22, 2019
This is my favorite quiche recipe ever! The taste and texture are unbeatable. I come back to this recipe again and again.
Apr 4, 2018
No comment left
Jan 6, 2018
Delicious! Definitely a keeper!
Oct 21, 2017
I didn't change anything.. it was great as it is
Apr 25, 2017
kids loved it. i used a barley flour and bread flour combo that wored well in my bread maker. i would never use a prepared shell.
Mar 24, 2017
I add spices but no salt. The ham is already salty. Sage or basil is good in it.
Feb 24, 2017
Cut the recipe in half and used whipping cream...husband came to the table whining that "real men don't eat quiche"...then asked for 2nds!
Feb 22, 2017
I have tried other recipes that were good but not quite right. This recipe was right on. It's a keeper. Love the simplicity of the ingredients.
Jan 25, 2017
This one turned out to be pretty bland. The recipe was supposed to make two but it was only enough for one 9"/1qt dish. I cut back on the half and half by 1/4c. but it's still too moist and probably should have used just 1 1/4c. half and half, not 2c. I used less ham and less cheese. This one I wouldn't make again though it's not too bad.