Ham N Cheese Potato Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, 1/2 cup cheese and onion. In another bowl, combine sour cream, soups and pepper; add to potato mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 227 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 25, 2020
We loved it! Added green peppers and more potatoes than called for. Will try even more veggies next time. Yes, there will be a next time. Many more!
Oct 27, 2019
No comment left
Nov 28, 2017
Everyone loved it. It reheated nicely as well
Oct 15, 2017
VERY, VERY GOOD....will be making again and again!
Apr 21, 2016
Excellet! The whole family loved it.
Mar 24, 2015
This is our family's favorite and I have been making it for years! Only difference is I use 1 cup of sour cream (not 2) and 3 cups (not 3/4) of sharp cheddar cheese. So less sour cream and more cheese in my version. I've used other cheeses but the sharp cheddar gives it the best flavor.
Oct 9, 2014
I have been making this for several years. I commonly make it the night before and put it in the oven while we are getting ready in the morning. Makes a great breakfast casserole!
Jul 19, 2012
Very good. I use fresh boiled potatos instead of frozen. My son likes it so much he makes it more than I do.
Nov 9, 2011
this is still steaming in front of me as it has been out of the oven about 20 minutes now. we were looking for something that limited cream soups and had sour cream. were looking for creamy and cheesy. this definitely fits that criteria.used fresh taters (a little over 2lbs) half the onion, cream of chicken soup and 12oz colby jack cheese.so not as per recipe.smells creamy and tasty.tastes the same.will make again. would like to add mushrooms and more onion as well.
Aug 28, 2011
I only had the one can of cheddar cheese soup so I diluted it with one can of milk to substitute for the cream of potato. I put everything in a 3-qt. crock pot on low for about 4 hr. It turned out much soupier than I was expecting, but it was great! Like having a good, thick potato soup. I think I will make it this way again although next time I will either leave it in the crock pot longer or turn it on high so the potatoes will be more tender. Other than that, it was perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon.