Ham ‘n’ Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 10-in. quiche dish or pie plate, layer the ham, Swiss cheese, bacon, cheddar cheese, onion and green pepper. Place the remaining ingredients in blender in the order given; cover and process for 35-40 seconds. Pour over the meat, cheese and vegetables; do not stir.
- Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 182 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
May 21, 2020
EXCELLENT - Use for company
Apr 14, 2020
I’ve made this twice now and my husband and I really enjoyed it. As suggested by another reader, I used thawed frozen spinach squeezed dry, adding it just after the bell pepper. Next time, though, I will put it after the ham and before the cheese so that it does not top the dish. I used two types of ham, some left over diced and then to have enough added thin cut Black Forest deli ham, also diced but thinner. I preferred that so will probably make my next one with just the deli ham. And I will also try some jalapeños instead of bell pepper as mentioned in another review. I agree that is will feed less than stated - would be enough for four in my household.
Mar 10, 2020
Easy and Tasty! I used jalapenos instead of green pepper for some extra flavor. There's no way that you can get 8 servings from this - maybe 3 or 4.
Mar 24, 2018
This makes a nice light meal along with a salad. A good way to use leftover ham!
Feb 24, 2018
My boyfriend raved about this one. :) I did use more onion (3/4 cup) and more bell peppers (green and red- 3/4 cup). I added 1 bunch of broccoli florets after the bell peppers. It was soooo good!!
Apr 28, 2017
This is a great easy recipe to use leftover ham. I used mozzarella in place of the Swiss. I omitted the bacon. Next time I will try reducing the cheese a bit and adding some vegetables. We had for dinner with fresh asparagus.
Apr 16, 2017
Great recipe.for your information biscuit mix is dry bisquik
May 15, 2016
This is a delicious blend of breakfast flavors, which is nice an light as well. We didn't have the Swiss cheese on our first try and it was still delicious. (We didn't double the cheddar, but there was still plenty of cheese flavor.)
Apr 6, 2016
Very good easy meal.
Mar 10, 2016
This is great. I made it exactly as is, and my husband ate almost half the pie. It took longer than 35 minutes for mine to cook. Definitely recommend this for an easy dinner or breakfast/brunch recipe.