Ham & Asparagus Puff Pancake
Turn any morning into a special occasion by serving this fluffy and flavorful puff pancake filled with hearty ham and tender asparagus.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound (1-1/2 cups) chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place the butter in a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; place in oven 3-4 minutes or until melted. In a bowl, beat flour, eggs, milk, salt and pepper until smooth. Pour the mixture into prepared skillet. Bake 22-25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt butter. Add ham and asparagus; cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in sour cream, lemon juice and pepper sauce.
- Spoon into center of puff pancake. Sprinkle with cheese. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 783 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Mar 25, 2011
This has become one of our family favorites, and gotten us to eat asparagus! I leave out the hot pepper sauce, but still a wonderful lemony sauce.
Apr 28, 2009
No comment left