Ham and Vegetable Roll-ups
My fiance and I like to hunt for wild asparagus come the spring. He's not much of a vegetable eater—but when I roll up these easy, nutritious appetizers, he can't get enough of them. The roll-ups are ideal for children too—they're a fun way to "disguise" vegetables they usually turn down! —Jody Steinke, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups seasoned croutons
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices boiled ham, sliced thin
- 8 spears fresh asparagus
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Combine the croutons and 1/4 cup butter; spread in a 9-in. square baking dish. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Spoon half of mixture over croutons; set remainder aside.
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, yogurt, onion and Worcestershire sauce; spread on ham slices. Top each with an asparagus spear; roll up. Place rolls seam side down in baking dish; spoon remaining sauce over top. Saute mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle on top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until bubbly.