Ham and Potato Bake
“Comfort food at its easiest,” is how Seguin, Texas cook Gianna Strauss refers to this tasty, all-in-one dinner. “I keep the ingredients on hand because my family loves it and it's so simple to prepare,” she adds. TIP: “Serve with a tossed veggie salad,” Gianna suggests.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 6 slices process American cheese, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in potatoes.
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer half of the potato mixture, ham and cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture and ham; spread with soup. Arrange remaining cheese strips in a lattice pattern over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until heated through.