Ham and Cheese Pockets
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Let dough rise according to package directions. Punch down; divide into 10 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 5-in. circle.
- Place 1 circle on a greased baking sheet; top with about 1/4 cup ham and 2 tablespoons cheese to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press filling to flatten. Combine egg yolk and water; brush edges of dough. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Brush tops with remaining egg yolk mixture.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 pocket: 229 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 729mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 28, 2020
I question how long these can be held in the "DANGER ZONE" of 40 deg, or more. Best guidance says 2 hrs, max.
Mar 20, 2019
I'm thinking of using Bisquick dough for this. They have their Impossible meals. This could be the ultimate hot pocket.
Mar 3, 2011
It was a good recipe and worked out exactly as i said it would. It was a little hard to roll out the dough but I made a huge batch. Not a good idea for a large get together but better for smaller batches.
Sep 9, 2009
If you don't have time to wait for there bread dough to thaw and rise use refridgerated pizza crust. Tastes great, lots less time!