Ham and Broccoli Cornbread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) cornbread/muffin mix
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place 3 tablespoons butter in a 12-in. cast-iron skillet; place pan in oven until butter is melted, 3-5 minutes. Carefully tilt pan to coat bottom and sides with butter.
- Melt remaining butter. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sour cream, cayenne pepper and melted butter until blended. Add muffin mixes; stir just until moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients. Pour into hot pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 338 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 700mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
May 7, 2020
I made this tonight and it was great! I had to cook a little longer and tweeked a few things for personal preference, but overall it was a hit!
Sep 20, 2019
OK recipe. The ratio of meat and vegetables to bread was not as I expected. If I made this recipe again I would omit the ham and serve this bread with soup or chili.