Ground Beef Spaghetti Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, halved
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, green pepper, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 8-10 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.
- Add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, jelly and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in spaghetti. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until spaghetti is tender, 6-8 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 431 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 843mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Jul 7, 2020
Made this exactly as written, and it turned out great! My daughter called it "taco spaghetti" because she could taste the chili powder, but I thought it was just a good alternative to using a jar of sauce. Very good!
Aug 9, 2019
Tried it over the weekend and it is awesome
Jun 4, 2019
Tasty recipe! prepared for lunch today.
Feb 17, 2019
Made this for dinner today and we really liked it! I used diced tomatoes with roasted garlic. Delicious and cleanup didn't take long.
Jan 7, 2019
This was good. Not overly spicy/seasoned but tasty. I would definately recommend for a quick one pot dinner but not if you are looking for a true spaghetti recipe.