Grilled Wasabi Oysters
My recipe for grilled oyster is easy to make, but incredibly elegant. The wasabi-flavored butter mixture makes it an extraordinary appetizer for your next party.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wasabi mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Rock salt
- 18 fresh oysters in the shell, washed
- In a small saucepan, combine the wine, shallots and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Strain liquid, discarding shallot.
- Return to pan; stir in mustard and soy sauce. Cook and stir over low heat. Add butter and whisk until melted. Stir in cilantro and salt; set aside.
- Spread rock salt into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; set aside. Place oysters, flat side up, on grill rack. Grill, covered, over high heat for 3-6 minutes or until shells open.
- Transfer to prepared pan. To loosen oysters, cut muscles from top shell; place on bottom shell in juices. Discard top shell. Spoon 2 teaspoons butter mixture over each oyster. Serve immediately.