Grilled Tilapia Piccata
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in capers and 2 tablespoons basil. Reserve 2 tablespoons mixture for drizzling cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill tilapia on a lightly oiled rack, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 3-4 minutes on each side. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet: 206 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 398mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Jul 1, 2020
I will try this but WITHOUT using FARMED fish. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to it.
Jun 8, 2020
This was a delicious recipe to make while on the open road in the motorhome. Simple to make with bright flavor.
Sep 20, 2017
Delicious & sooooo quick & easy to prepare! Every family member loved this - I am making it again, for the 1st night of the Jewish New Year tonight (for company) tonight! I broiled it. I used extra lemon & capers... Plenty of flavor!
Aug 27, 2017
It was ok.
Jul 17, 2017
I found this recipe very bland. If I make it again, I would add more spices. Minced jalapeno among others probably would help a lot. Sorry.
Sep 1, 2016
Nice light fish dish. I did cook it in a frying pan because tilapia tends to fall apart on the grill.
Jul 27, 2016
I made this recipe as is, and we thought it was okay, but not great. I'd eat it again, but it's not a favorite.
May 31, 2016
Nice, light preparation. Made as is.
Apr 5, 2016
Excellent and easy! I used dried basil rather than fresh and skipped the lemon peel since I didn't have any. I also didn't use the grill (wrong season) and cooked the fish in a skillet instead. Great flavor! I served it with asparagus and my kids ate the fish but I can't say that they loved it. I would absolutely make this again. Good flavor and easy to get on the table quickly.
Jun 16, 2015
Love this recipe! didn't add the capers because I am just not a fan. Had some left over sauce and put it on the fresh broccoli that I put on the grill, it was amazing!