Grilled Tilapia Piccata for Two
We aren’t big fish eaters, but a friend made this for us, and we couldn’t believe how wonderful it was! Now we eat it regularly. It’s simple, looks lovely and tastes restaurant-worthy. —Beth Cooper, Columbus, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and garlic until blended; stir in 3 teaspoons basil and capers. Reserve 1 tablespoon mixture for drizzling over cooked fish. Brush remaining mixture onto both sides of tilapia; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tilapia, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Drizzle with reserved lemon mixture; sprinkle with remaining basil.