Grilled Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup medium picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir until honey is dissolved. Divide the sauce into two small bowls; set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, brown pork until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cut a deep slit in each chop, forming a pocket. Stuff with sausage; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. Brush each side with Italian dressing.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the meat reads 145°, basting twice with sauce from one bowl. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce from second bowl.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 503 calories, 32g fat (10g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Oct 17, 2018
Made these yummy pork chops and they are so delicious. I used a Italian sausage in it. I look forward to making it again.
Feb 19, 2018
The double meat was a real pleaser to the men of the house. I found them very filling, I could barely eat a half of a chop.
Nov 2, 2013
These were really great! Making them again!
Sep 26, 2012
These pork chops are terrific! However, because they are so thick and you have the sausage in the middle, be very careful not to overcook them. I found the best method was to grill them for 5 minutes on each side directly over the flame, and then use the indirect method until they are cooked. It takes a little longer, but the results are well worth it!