Grilled Stone Fruit Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 peeled peaches, pitted and halved
- 3 medium plums, pitted and halved
- 4 apricots, pitted and halved
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 ounces fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons lemon juice, melted butter and mint. Add fruit; marinate 30 minutes, turning once. Drain, reserving marinade.
- Grill fruit, covered, on a greased grill rack over medium-high direct heat 4-6 minutes. Turn; brush with reserved marinade. Grill, uncovered, brushing again, until fruit is tender but not mushy, 4-6 more minutes. Remove from heat; cool 5-10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut fruit into quarters.
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, kosher salt, allspice and remaining lemon juice. Drizzle half the dressing over arugula, tossing until well coated; place arugula on a large serving platter. Add grilled fruit; drizzle with remaining dressing. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 268 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jun 14, 2020
I loved this! I only used peaches and pineapple. The feta cheese is just delightful!
Jun 8, 2020
We love to grill fruit so this salad was just right for us. I added extra pineapple as we can’t get enough of it! Delicious!
Jun 26, 2017
This is a good salad and a nice change from the usual salad by using the fruit. The plums seemed to absorb the lemon juice whereas the other fruit didn't have much if any taste of lemon. Honestly, I'm not sure I will make it again, but I am keeping the recipe in my box, just not in my book of "knock your socks off" recipes.