Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad
Flaky grilled salmon, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade garlic croutons star in this attractive salad. A Caesar-style dressing, seasoned to please with lemon juice and grated Parmesan cheese, coats the colorful concoction. -Clara Barrett, Madison, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 salmon fillets (1 pound each)
- 3 cups cubed French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 2 cups small cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Cool.
- For croutons, toss the bread cubes, oil and garlic powder in a large bowl. In a nonstick skillet, saute bread cubes for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- Flake salmon into chunks. In a large bowl, combine romaine and tomatoes. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, mayonnaise, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Add the salmon, croutons and cheese; toss gently.