Grilled Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pork loin chops (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 2-1/3 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 381 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1136mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Apr 13, 2016
Excellent! Best pork chops we've ever had
Jul 2, 2013
I grilled pork chops tonight and decided to use THIS recipe/marinade on two of the four chops that I was cooking. My husband absolutely LOVED these. Even my 8 year old son thought they were incredible! I will definitely save this recipe for the future. I served with Southern Corn Casserole and Tomatoes with Buttermilk Vinaigrette (also a Taste of Home recipe)...you really must try this grilled chop recipe!
Mar 29, 2013
No comment left
Aug 6, 2012
No comment left
Apr 19, 2010
Excellent recipe. BTW there is a typo with the amount of marinade to reserve. It should say 1/3 cup; not 2 1/3.
Sep 8, 2008
I only use 4 chops and only a small amount for basting (and no onion). We LOVE this recipe. It's easy and great flavor!
Jul 9, 2008
I used a fair size onion and still only came up with a little less than 2 cups of marinade - recipe calls for 2 1/3 cups for marinade plus extra to baste - the numbers don't add up! Any suggestions?