Sandi Tuttle of Hayward, Wisconsin enjoys peanut butter and jelly sandwiches so much, she turned them into a yummy breakfast treat reminiscent of stuffed French toast. She sometimes bakes them in the oven, but cooking them in a skillet is quicker.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- In a small bowl, combine the egg substitute, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread peanut butter and jam over two slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Brush sandwiches with egg substitute mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sandwiches over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.