Grilled Kiwi-Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Chipotle Glaze
When guests bite into these juicy grilled kabobs, their eyes always widen with satisfaction. Our four kids are crazy about the spicy-sweet sauce. —Joni Hilton, Rocklin, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 medium kiwifruit, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Lime juice, optional
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Combine garlic, lime juice, oil and salt. Add chicken and kiwi; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, up to 30 minutes.
- Mix honey and chipotle peppers. Drain chicken and kiwi, discarding marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and kiwi.
- Grill, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat, turning occasionally, until juices run clear, 10-12 minutes. During last 4 minutes, baste frequently with honey-chipotle mixture.
- Serve with fresh lime juice and rice if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 284 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 380mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 5g fiber), 25g protein.
Jul 6, 2019
Very yummy and tender
Sep 10, 2017
No comment left
Sep 3, 2017
I doubled thd glaze because we like the heat. We really enjoyed these and they were simple to make. The chicken was tender as stated.