Grilled Halibut with Mustard Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill and mustard; cover and refrigerate. Sprinkle halibut with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve sauce with halibut.
Nutrition Facts6 ounce-weight: 224 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 15, 2019
Insanely easy creation! The sauce pairs well with the mellow flavor of the halibut, and makes for a great alternative to tartar sauce. The only thing different I did was substituting a brown honey mustard for the Dijon, because that's what I had on hand. My husband and I both give it 2 thumbs up! It only takes 2 minutes to mix the sauce, so make it a few hours ahead of cooking, so the flavors have time to mingle. With 10 minutes grilling time, dinner's ready in a flash!
Mar 9, 2008