Grilled Game Hens
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min.
- 2 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each), split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash pepper
- Place hens in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour half into bag; add the hens. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from hens. Place hens in a 13x9-in. disposable aluminum pan. Pour reserved marinade over hens; cover pan.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180° and meat juices run clear, basting frequently. Place hens directly over heat for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time, turning once.
Aug 19, 2016
I have a new BBQ and I'm not very good at grilling outdoors either. This recipe is fabulous. It was 104 today and I had to cook cornish hens that were taken out of the freezer 2 days ago. So I found this recipe & Walla I went to work. The marinade was simple and only had to marinate for 1 hour. Most are 4 hrs to overnight. I fiddled with the new BBQ and the recipe was very forgiving. The marinade from the BBQ was great. My husband and I give it a 5 star rating. Definitely a keeper. Thanks Kriss
May 17, 2009
No comment left