Grilled Eggplant with Feta relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 slices eggplant (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil or parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and garlic powder until combined. Stir in feta, cucumber, tomato and onion. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Brush eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Top eggplant with feta mixture. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Nutrition Facts1 eggplant slice with 3 tablespoons relish: 105 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 499mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
May 25, 2020
Hommersmommy needs to look up the difference of vegetarian and vegan, recipe says it's vegetarian. Yummy recipe!! Will make it again.
Jan 19, 2017
I like the idea of your recipe but it is not Vegan because feta cheese has a "face" as my Vegan friends would tell me. Recipes sounds tasty to me.