Grilled Cherry-Glazed Chicken Wings
When I take these grilled wings to events, there are never any leftovers! Friends and family love them. —Ashley Gable, Atlanta, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
- 12 chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper, divided
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the 2 wing joints; discard wing tips. In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in ketchup, vinegar, preserves, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Brush wings with remaining oil; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 15-18 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during the last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve with remaining glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken wing: 214 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 867mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0g fiber), 12g protein.
Jul 11, 2020
Made this for dinner tonight but since neither of us cares for wings I switched to breasts. The sauce sounded so good I had to try it, We weren't disappointed. It was delicious. Served it with coleslaw and roasted corn on the cob. Yum.