Green Vegetables with Brown Rice
Here's a great way to use up leftover chicken and rice! The vibrant medley of veggies and crunchy almonds gets plenty of flavor from soy sauce, garlic and ginger root. Kristen Feola of Springfield, Missouri shared the recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 3 minutes. Add the green pepper and onion; stir-fry for 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute longer. Add the chicken, rice, green onions, peas, pineapple juice and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with almonds.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.