Green Tomatoes Parmesan
Meet the Cook: If you follow the recipe directions, you should end up with firm tomatoes. It's been a tried-and-true method for me. I started cooking as a teenager. My first meal was spaghetti, and it was so salty we couldn't eat it! My husband and I are retired. We have two grown children and three grandchildren. -Clara Mifflin, Creal Springs, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 3 medium green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Lightly sprinkle tomatoes with salt; drain on paper towels for 30-60 minutes. Meanwhile, combine cornmeal, Parmesan, flour, garlic salt, oregano and pepper in a shallow plate. Dip each tomato slice into egg, then into cornmeal mixture.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Fry tomatoes, a few at a time, for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel-lined wire rack. Serve immediately.
Sep 28, 2019
Amazing. Used Italian seasoning.
Jan 20, 2017
I had never eaten green tomatoes this way before. They were mushy and tasted horrible. I threw most of them out.
Jul 12, 2012
No comment left
Jan 19, 2010