Green Beans Provencale
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, shallot, garlic and rosemary in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the green beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 70 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Oct 21, 2015
A tasty side dish! Will definitely make these again.
May 12, 2014
Great flavors! Nice, light, and easy to assemble.
Nov 11, 2012
These are awesome. I have fixed these for a healthy side for Thanksgiving for the last 2 years.
Apr 24, 2012
This makes ordinary green beans special. Because it had an Italian feel to it, the beans didn't seem to go very well with my ham loaf and spicy sweet potatoes. It would be excellent with meatloaf.
Oct 19, 2011
Refreshing take on a green beans mixture. Seemed rather fancy for fairly easy preperation. Will make again!
Aug 2, 2011
Tasty, easy last-minute addition to a meal using canned cut green beans .
Jan 30, 2011
Easy and delicious green beans.
Oct 24, 2010
No comment left
May 21, 2010
LOVE this recipe! I made this with frozen green beans, fresh chives in place of shallots and green onions, and small vine tomatoes in place of grape tomaotes and it still turned out fantastic. This recipe is definitly a keeper.
May 15, 2010
Had this tonight for supper. We thought it was very good. Didn't have fresh green beans so I used frozen and it worked out well. We loved the olive oil and rosemary flavor