Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns or hard rolls, split
- Sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, optional
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Pan-fry, grill or broil until no longer pink. Serve on buns with cucumbers, tomatoes and ranch dressing if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 693mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
May 11, 2013
I saw ground lamb at the market and thought it might be fun to try something new. I loved it! This recipe is easy and tasty. Making homemade tzatziki sauce made it extra special.
May 17, 2012
My mother first served this recipe to our family and I have craved it ever since. When I made them, we had a repeat of thumbs up, which is amazing since I have super picky kids. My children only added tomato and ranch, my husband and I had the same with also, cucumber slices. The only change we made is we served it in Pita Pockets (I think the kids might have preferred buns) DH and I had a Greek salad with it. This will be added to our favorites!
Mar 4, 2011
My family was curious to try lamb, and after finally locating some, I tried this recipe and it is really very good. I sprinkled a little bouqet garni on the patties and patted it into the lamb, then fried them in a pan. I'm looking forward to trying them on the grill.
Jan 18, 2010
I absolutely love this recipe. I crumbled mine and put it in pita's instead of making burgers. Topped with a little homemade tzatziki sauce....mmm mmm good!
Feb 29, 2008
No comment left